Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to attend one of Kathleen’s Classes. First time teaching in Kentucky, since ICES 2013 (Int’l Cake Convention)
Monday, April 6. and Tuesday, April 7. 2020. 9:00 am – 18:00 pm (with 1 hour lunch break)
Kathleen will be teaching her famous Lange/Lambeth Boot Camp – The Lambeth Method; an English method, is one of the most distinguished forms of cake decorating in the world and has been used since the late 1800’s. The exacting nature of this intricate 3 dimensional over-piping and other Lambeth Method techniques provides the ultimate challenge for even the most dedicated cake design artist.
During Lambeth Crash Course, Kathleen will be teaching the Old-World Joseph Lambeth Method, while modernizing with her own techniques. Students will be increasing their knowledge, learning more advance levels each day. Basic Lambeth Techniques will be covered during the two day boot camp; students will be working with special royal icing recipes, provided by Kathleen.
Students will be learning the following:
• How to hold the bag and tips properly,
• To be exact with every squeeze of their decorating bag,
• How to start the correct foundation for Lambeth,
• How to master the perfect zigzag shell, scroll, swag and puff & elongated puff borders,
• 3 dimensional over-piping techniques,
• Bead/pearl borders,
• Stringwork; how to pipe and apply stringwork,
• How to pipe advanced stringwork, lace heart pieces and how to apply to your cakes,
• All of which will be added to students cakes!
Each student will be completing at least four sections on their individual cake dummy, learning six to eight different borders /designs or more – full completion of everything taught during the class time will depend on your speed and prior decorating experience. Students may not finish everything, but will have a chance to try everything and learn the proper techniques and methods for creating their own designs.
All Supplies and Handouts Included