- Registration for ALL courses will need either a DEPOSIT (or) FULL at the time of registering.
- Please note that your SPACE will not be confirmed until DEPOSIT (or) FULL PAYMENT is received.
MATERIALS and EQUIPMENT
Confectionary Chalet Studio will provide all edible materials for the class and will loan most basic equipment and some specific equipment. Any additional equipment that will be required for the class will be specified on an equipment order form. You may bring your own equipment (if you already have it) or we will be pleased to put an order together for you. All required equipment must be pre-ordered by the date given on the order form. Unless otherwise stated, you will be able to purchase the items in our shop provided they are available.
Students will receive a 10% discount on all products sold in Confectionary Chalet’s Studio. This discount is valid on the day of the course only. Please note that this excludes demonstrations. Confectionary Chalet Studio accepts major credit cards.
Confectionary Chalet Studio reserves the right to cancel or change a course. In these circumstances Confectionary Chalet Studio will normally arrange an alternative date and offer students either a transfer to this date or, if this date is not convenient, an alternative course. If neither is possible a full refund will be offered.
In the unlikely event that the instructor is unable to teach the class Confectionary Chalet Studio reserves the right to substitute the advertised instructor with another appropriate instructor.
REFUNDS and TRANSFERS
We are unable to offer any refunds should you decide to cancel or are unable to attend your course.
In exceptional circumstances, students who are unable to attend may transfer to another course if Confectionary Chalet Studio is able to re-sell their original place to another student. This transfer is solely at the discretion of Confectionary Chalet and will incur a $25.00 service charge.
No transfer will be offered if the following circumstances apply:
- Course booking is cancelled within 4 weeks of the course date (unless a waiting list for the course exists and the place can be re-sold at short notice)
- Students are unable to attend a course due to changes in personal circumstances;
- Students are unable to attend a course due to travel problems caused by unfavorable weather or cancellations by travel operators
- Students require a VISA to enter the US and are unable to obtain one.
Travel or accommodation expenses will not be compensated for, should a course be cancelled or re-arranged for an alternative date.
Confectionary Chalet Studio strongly advises that students arrange insurance to cover unforeseen events such as illness, unfavorable weather, or cancellation of a course for which travel and accommodation costs have been incurred.
Insurance is particularly important during the winter months when the likelihood of unfavorable weather and associated travel disruption is higher (please see Adverse Weather Conditions clause below).
Non-US residents are advised to contact their local insurance broker or issuer to apply for cover with regards to VISA application in addition to the recommended cover options above.
ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
During the winter months, if snow or other adverse weather conditions have affected the method of transport needed to attend a booked course at Confectionary Chalet Studio and you are unable to be present, please note the following procedures:
- Please notify Confectionary Chalet Studio, by phone, as far in advance as possible that you will not be able to attend (e.g. if you are snowed in, or transportation has been cancelled in advance, etc.)
- If you are unable to attend a booked course due to the weather conditions, we will offer a transfer to another course for a $25.00 service charge. This will apply ONLY if roads are unmeasurable or trains and flights are cancelled. This will only apply during winter months, and not at any other time of year.
STUDENTS TRAVELING FROM OUTSIDE THE US
If you are traveling from abroad and require a visa to study at Confectionary Chalet Studio, we recommend that you book at least three months in advance to allow for your visa application to be processed. We do not offer a letter of invitation to assist with your visa; however we can send a letter confirming your booking. We do not offer a refund under any circumstances other than those specified in our cancellation policy, even if your visa is rejected.